- How to represent real numbers on a number line (e.g. n ≥ 10)
- Under what circumstances that it is not possible to draw a number line
- You may check your answer to the worksheet, "02 Real Numbers - Number Lines (Class Activity)" in the GoogleSite.
- Formative Quiz 1
2. Real Numbers
- The concept of "Difference": Larger number - Smaller number
- Illustrations to find the difference of numbers (involving negative numbers)
- Introduction: Real Numbers - How deep is deep?
- Temperature difference between liquid oxygen and liquid nitrogen
- Zero Pair concept
- Addition and Subtraction of numbers - Concept and Technique
- Finding Roots of Positive and Negative numbers (perfect squares & cubes)
- It's time to get familiar with your calculator.
- Click at the post, Calculator Skills 02: Calculator Talks!, to access a fun activity with calculator. You can have fun and earn group points at the same time, too :)
4. Preparation for next lesson on 4 operations
- 27 Jan: Flipped Learning for next lesson(s) on Operations of Numbers
- Take time to watch the clip and see if you understand the procedure and the rule applied to evaluate an arithmetic expression.
Complete the Alternative Assessment 1 Practice as soon as you could, and submit via the Google Classroom. (Login Required)
Deadline: 31 January 2017 (Tuesday)
You are strongly encouraged to complete the task as soon as possible so that feedback can be given to you before you embark on the actual Alternative Assessment end of next week.
You can earn points for your group for 'early bird' submission:
- Submit on 26 Jan (Thu): 10 points
- Submit on 27 Jan (Fri): 5 points
- Submit on 28 Jan & 29 Jan (Sat & Sun): 3 points
Attempt the following questions in your workbook.
You are to post your answers (with working clearly presented) in the Google Classroom
Exercise 2A (p31)
Intermediate: Q6, Q7
Exercise 2B (p38)
Intermediate: Q3 - You are expected to show the steps clearly. Do not skip steps.
Advanced: Q6, Q8
Estimated duration: 30 min
Deadline: 27 January 2017 (Friday), 2359