Please take note of the following, in preparation of the Maths lessons starting next week.
1. Diagnostic Test
You will be sitting for the diagnostic test for the subject on Thursday (12 Jan 2017)
The purpose of this test is to gauge your understanding of various mathematical concepts, for the teachers to pace the lessons.
What will be tested?
- What you already know
- What you would be learning in this academic year
Other important information
- Duration: 50 minutes
- Electronic calculator is allowed to evaluate explicit numerical expressions; however, clear and systematic working is expected as omission of essential working will result in loss of marks
- Answer all questions in INK.
To prepare your for next two weeks, you should start reading the following
- Maths Textbook 1: Chapter 1 Primes, Highest Common Factor and Lowest Common Multiple
- Maths Textbook 1: Chapter 3 Approximation and Estimation
- Useful resource: Resource: Unit 3 Significant Figures