- Mathematical Framework
- Habits of Mind
- To do well...
- Scheme of Work
- ICT in action
- I have a question...
- Resource: Unit 2 Real Numbers
- Resource: Unit 3 Significant Figures
- Resource: Unit 4 Algebra (1)
- Resource: Unit 4 Algebra (2)
- Resource: Unit 4 Algebra (3)
- Fun with Construction
- Looking Back... Looking Forward
- Fun Pack (2) Let's be a Geometrical Artist!
Monday, 6 February 2017
Approximation and Precise Figures: When to use what?
Click HERE to respond to the survey.
Click HERE to see responses.
When do we use exact figures or is approximated figure suffice? It depends on the context.
Go through the local newspapers website and identify an article where figures reported are approximated or exact (you may have both types of figures appear in the same article) and explain why you think the reporter made that choice of degree of accuracy.
Suggested local newspapers websites:
Click HERE to access the padlet if you have difficulty viewing or doing the task in this post (directly)