- Mathematical Framework
- Habits of Mind
- To do well...
- Scheme of Work
- ICT in action
- I have a question...
- Resource: Unit 2 Real Numbers
- Resource: Unit 3 Significant Figures
- Resource: Unit 4 Algebra (1)
- Resource: Unit 4 Algebra (2)
- Resource: Unit 4 Algebra (3)
- Fun with Construction
- Looking Back... Looking Forward
Friday, 3 February 2017
Rational Numbers: Recurring Decimals
Source: Ace-Learning Portal
We explored fractions from 1/2 to 1/20 with a spreadsheet today to take note of patterns of numbers.
You may refer to the spreadsheet you created (click sample HERE).
As there is a limit to the number of decimal places the spreadsheet can display,
how would you decide if 1/17 and 1/19 are recurring decimal, terminating or non-terminating decimal?
Enter your suggestions in the Comments.